Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Col. Adolphus De Orcutt And Family

Located at Oaklawn Cemetery in Tulsa, OK.
I like this picture because you can see the tall buildings in the back ground showing how much Tulsa has grown since A.D. Orcutt settled this area.
Col. A. D. Orcutt
Born
Aug 17, 1846
Died
June 14, 1913

Instead of me telling all about this gentleman I will refer you to a blog where his information has been very nicely written up. Click this link http://www.tulsagal.net/2009/07/orcutt-family.html and it will take you staright to it.

Here is some additional information I was able to find. The following is from A history of the state of Oklahoma By Luther B. Hill.


I also found some information at The Naming Of Oakland, AR that mentions him and his family.

The following info is from Ancestry.com.

U.S., Union Soldiers Compiled Service Records, 1861-1865 about Adolphus D Orcutt
Name: Adolphus D Orcutt
Birth Date: abt 1846
Age: 18
Enlistment Date: 1864
Military unit: First Battalion Nebraska Cavalry, Moo-St

U.S. Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles about Adolphus D. L. Orcutt
Name: Adolphus D. L. Orcutt
Residence: Nemaha City, Nebraska
Age at enlistment: 18
Enlistment Date: 3 Nov 1863
Rank at enlistment: Private
State Served: Nebraska
Survived the War?: Yes
Service Record: Enlisted in Company M, Nebraska 2nd Cavalry Regiment on 24 Mar 1863.
Mustered out on 23 Dec 1863.
Enlisted in Company A, Nebraska 1st Cavalry Battalion on 04 Jan 1864.
Mustered out on 10 Jul 1865.
Birth Date: abt 1845
Sources: Report of Adjutant-General Report of the State of Nebraska

Next to A.D. Orcutt's grave marker rest 3 of his children.

The stone on the right reads:

Archibald M.
Orcutt
Born
Apr 6, 1899
Died
Nov 20, 1902

The stone on the left reads:

Eldon P.
Orcutt
Born
Mar 26, 1897
Died
Nov 30, 1902

Henry Orcutt
Our Little
Boy
Sleeps Sweetly
Here
Nov 25, 1895
Dec 4, 1895

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adaline was my great grandma and I loved visiting her! However I hated her goose!!! He would chase me all around her yard, pecking at me and flogging me with its wings, all the while granny would be watching from inside the house laughing and saying "run...run!!" She was quite the granny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adaline was my great- great Grandma. Alvin Hodge Orcutt was my Grandpa !!! Wow !!!

      Delete
  3. The children, Archie and Eldon are not his children they would be his Grandchildren. His son, S A. Orcutt and Annie B. Hodge are the parents. I am S A. Orcutts great grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete