Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Symbol: Lambs

A lamb usually marks the grave of a child. The lamb ALWAYS stands for innocence. Christians go a little further and associate it with the Lamb of God, meaning Jesus.

Just for the record I have found lambs on adults headstones so they don't always signify children.

Have you ever noticed the vast variety there is for this one specific symbol?  Here are a few of the ones I have collected this year. Well, at least the complete ones. I find a lot that are missing their heads.
The one in the lower right corner of the above collage is my favorite. But I think it looks more like a baby fawn than a lamb. What do you think?

I think the one in the upper right corner of the above collage is the closest I have seen to a real lamb.


Strange how some look like other animals. In this collage I see a baby cow (upper left corner) and a cat (lower center).  I know they are suppose to be lambs but I just think they don't quite look it.  If it wasn't for the hoofed feet and tails I would swear they weren't lambs.


And these two are the last of my lamb collection.  I think the first one is really cute I think sock monkey when I see it.  The other one is... I wanta say evil looking but thats not quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment