Thursday, December 16, 2010

Death Head Angel

I call these "Death Head Angels" because I am not sure what the are really called and haven't been able to find a name for them. (If you know please leave me a comment and tell me what they are called.) This is one of the few really detailed ones I have found in my area.

Located at Hester Cemetery in Fayetteville, AR.
Emily Ferguson
Aug 1, 1842
Mar 11, 1912
Only Sleeping

Update

http://escapetothesilentcities.blogspot.com/2010/12/update-on-death-head-angel.html

2 comments:

  1. i like your name for it...i think death's heads are usually skulls, though, aren't they? i just looked through my gravestone book and the pictures that look most like what you found are labeled "winged soul effigy." that one does look more like a depiction of an angel, though, so i don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted an update with the name for these.

    ReplyDelete