Friday, April 23, 2010

My Famous File: Adolphus Busch

If you don't know who Adolphus Bush is then you obviously don't drink beer. There is a ton of information on the net about Adolphus Bush all you have to do is google his name or just click on the link I provided. 

Him and his wife are the only two in this beautiful Gothic style mausoleum.

These photos arn't the best, my light was dying rapidly as I finished snapping the pictures. Located at Bellefontaine Cemetery in St. Louis MO. These photos do not do this exquisite building justice.



(Windows inside the mausoleum.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Tammi. I love cemeteries, and Bellefontaine is a beautiful one. I assume that, when you were there, you drove down what they call "Millionaire's Row". It runs along a bluff and has some amazing vaults, many of which are the final resting places for St. Louis' shakers and movers of the past. One of the strangest and most poignant, however, is that of a teenage girl, and the building has no markings on it. No name, no dates. It has a slightly Middle Eastern or Mediterranean cast to it. Another cemetery, Calvary, is across the street and is also wonderful.

    If you ever get a chance to tour the Staten Island cemetery -- the one with the Vanderbilt mausoleum in it -- that's also hauntingly beautiful, especially in Autumn with the Japanese lace-leaf shrubs in full color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cementaries as well. I did not about This thanks

    ReplyDelete